Qualifications / Experience
- Be a Registered General Nurse and registered with An Bord Altranais on the live register.
- Have a minimum of 5 years post registration experience; with at least 3 years experience in theatre/recovery.
- Demonstrate experience of managing a team of nurses and ideally experience in an orthopaedic facility.
- Be computer literate.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and proven written and verbal communication abilities.
- Have the ability to work on own initiative, prioritise and manage a number of issues simultaneously and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Be able to identify potential difficulties and formulate solutions.
- Be free from any defect or disease which would render him/her unsuitable to hold office and be in a state of health as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
- Be of good character.
The position reports to and is accountable and professionally responsible to the Theatre Manager and the Director of Nursing in all matters relating to the job.
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities:
The CNM1 is responsible for providing, maintaining and developing patient centred care to a high standard. This is achieved through effective organisation of nursing services in the Theatre and the overall administration of the unit. The CNM2 will be required to possess a clear understanding and commitment to the ethos and philosophy of the Clinic.
- Maintain throughout the Clinic an awareness of the primacy of patient in relation to all clinic activities.
- Create a culture of accountability, openness to change, respect for the individual and teamwork that supports the achievement.
- Create and promote healthy working relationships.
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with the values of the clinic.
- The person chosen will be accountable for the nursing service provided to patients in pre-operative and post-operative areas. This includes making provisions for the best possible standard of nursing care of patients at all times.
- Communicate with relatives and visitors of patients as required.
- Setting and monitoring standards.
- Actively participate in the clinic’s Accreditation programme and the ethos of Continuous Quality Improvement and implement and maintain procedures in theatre.
- Keep the Director of Nursing appraised of all issues as required.
- Contribute to the selection, recruitment and retention of staff.
- Contribute to the development of an organisational culture which is conducive to the establishment and maintenance of good staff moral.
- Liaise with the Director of Nursing to ensure efficient and effective use of patient care consumables and communicate changes to staff.
- Participate in Clinical Progress Meetings with the Director of Nursing.
- Act as a full member of the Theatre Nursing Team in the clinical area.
- If you fit the job spec please send me your CV