Head of Space Planning, Category management and J. D.A
Our client, one of the most well-known names in Irish retail, currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Head of Space Planning and Category Management to become a key member of their team.
Our client, one of Ireland’s biggest and most recognisable retail brands are currently seeking a dynamic and experienced retail to oversee all aspects of Space Planning, Category Management and J.D. A. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading retailer and become a key driver of success and growth for the business.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Ireland’s best known retail brands. Exceptional salary and generous package and benefits available for the right candidate.
As Head of Category Management, Space Planning and J.D.A you will have overall responsibility for the Space Planning and Category Management function of the brand. You will work to ensure a high standard, deliberate and innovative approach to space and range planning and customer offering, and to drive sales and margins through excellent buying, innovation of offer and product assortment You will lead, motivate and inspire your team.
As Head of Space Planning and Category Management, you will oversee a number of key functions including but not limited to-
- Develop and implementation of Macro Space Management policies, processes, procedures and tools
- Establishing “leading practice” standards in macro space management across the business
- Working with the Buying, Sales, Marketing and Store Development departments to develop an agreed optimum space allocation per department for various store sizes and formats
- Analysing store layout performance with a view to identifying opportunities for further improvement
- Building fixtures in JDA, developing and maintaining planograms, and analyzing sales data to make optimization recommendations to sales teams
- Drive the development and implementation of an effective business strategy across the business.
- Drive a sales & customer focused culture
- Achieve budgeted sales & margins contained in the annual retail business plan.
The ideal candidate for this Head of Space Planning and Category Management will have –
- 10+ years exp. in a similar senior position within a leading retailer is essential
- Complete working knowledge of and strong experience using retail technology including Merchandise Financial Planning, Assortment Planning, and Allocation applications (e.g. JDA, SAS, Oracle, Anaplan, etc.)
- Proven successful track record of leading highly effective teams and organizational structures, inspiring success and developing and nurturing key talent.
- A natural ability to influence and to be able to communicate clearly and respond effectively to all
If you have the necessary skills and experience and are interested in this Head of Space Planning and Category Management job, please attach a CV below for the attention of Barry Whelan, CEO of Excel Recruitment.com. Alternatively, call 01-8148747 to discuss the job in complete confidence.