- Be a Registered Nurse and eligible to register with An Bord Altranais on the General Division of the live register.
- Orthopaedic course is desirable but not essential
The Staff Nurse reports to and is accountable to the Clinical Nurse Manager 2 (Inpatient Ward) and Director of Nursing in all matters relating to the job.
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities:
The Staff Nurse is responsible for providing, maintaining and developing patient centred care to a high standard. This is achieved through effective organisation of nursing services and the overall administration of the unit.
The Staff Nurse will be required to possess a clear understanding and commitment to the ethos and philosophy of the Sports Surgery Clinic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To participate in the delivery of care within the Clinic.
- To liaise with nursing staff to ensure adequate provision of cover when required.
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies as a skilled member of the In -Patient Ward nursing team.
- To promote and safeguard the well being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors
- Maintain throughout the Clinic an awareness of the primacy of the patient in relation to all clinic activities.
- Create and promote healthy working relationships.
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with the values of the clinic.
- The person chosen will be accountable for the nursing service provided to patients in pre-operative and post-operative areas. This includes making provisions for the best possible standard of nursing care of patients at all times.
- Assessment of patient care needs.
- Communicate with relatives and visitors of patients as required.
- Setting and monitoring standards.
- Actively participate in the Clinic’s Accreditation programme and the ethos of Continuous Quality Improvement and implement and maintain procedures on the Inpatient
- Keep the Clinical Nurse Manager and the Director of Nursing apprised of all issues as required.
- As a nurse practitioner you must practice within the Code of Practice, Rules and Guidelines set out by An Bord Altranais and comply with Policies and Procedures of the Clinic.
- Ensure each patient is treated as an individual, and that his/her needs are attended to and their physical, psychological and religious well being is respected
- Give direct patient care in selected patient situations and serve as a behavioural model for excellence in practice
- Set standards of Nursing Practice. Communicate these standards to the Nursing Personnel; audit and change standards as necessary
- Liaise effectively with all members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure that care delivery is patient focused and of the highest standard
- Ensure that a professional standard of behaviour is maintained by all nursing team members.
- Facilitate effective communication with patients, relatives and multidisciplinary team as necessary.
- Adherence to departmental patient identification policy at all times.
- Provide a high standard of safe practice for patient care.
- Anticipate and be aware of needs of the multidisciplinary team during anaesthetic and the pre and post-operative process.
- Preserve the dignity and rights of the patients at all times Document and record accurately all details of nursing care delivered in the pre and post-operative period.
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
- Ensure nursing care is based on the latest research findings and constitutes best practice.
- Demonstrate initiative and be receptive to new ideas and development.
- Moderate to extreme physical effort may be required such as, standing
and lifting equipment, manoeuvring patient beds , and patients.
- Occasional lifting may be heavy and awkward,
- Shift work is
- Alertness and careful attention to detail will be required to avoid injury.
- May be exposed to disoriented or combative patients
- .self Development Responsibilities:
- To maintain a personal record of professional development.
- Act as a role model.
- If interested in this position send CV